Friday, April 13, 2012

Confetti Cake


I was in the mood to make a confetti cake, so here it is!

I made the cake slices in to charms, and I'm thinking about making the cake into a ring:)

I made the sprinkles by rolling out tiny "snakes" of different colors of polymer clay, and then cutting them into small pieces. I usually bake the snakes, then cut the sprinkles, but I wanted to try something different this time. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

M A T E R I A L S:

CAKE COLORS:
    1. Translucent (Premo)
    2. White (Katoclay)
    3. Yellow (FIMO)
    4. Tan / Ecru (Premo)

CONFETTI & SPRINKLES:
    1. Pink (FIMO)
    2. Turquoise (PREMO)
    3. Red (Sculpey)
    4. Yellow (FIMO)
    5. Orange (FIMO)
    6. Green / Green Translucent (Premo)

FROSTING:
    1. White Katoclay
    2. White Liquid Polyclay (Hobby Lobby)
    ******You can also use water if you don't have liquid clay:)


XOXO, 
Toni


2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, we made something like that when I took up some cupcake courses over the summer. I must say, the full-sized cake looks a whole lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is next on my list to make. You have the best tutorials!

    ReplyDelete